lady nelson in sydney cove or yarrow river

Lady Nelson in Sydney Cove or Yarrow River


SKU SF001443 Category


Share
Description

An armed brig of 60 tons burden, Lady Nelson was built on the Thames for the Sydney government. Under the command of Lieutenant Grant, RN, the ship left England on 18 March 1800 arriving and anchoring in Sydney Cove on 16 December 1800. On 15 February 1802, Lady Nelson discovered Port Phillip, entered the heads and anchored in Yarrow River.

Additional information
Date

c1800

Author/Maker

Unknown

Material

Oil on canvas